Community House is reopening Thursday 14 May (normal hours 9am till 4.30pm). Hooray! We are looking forward to seeing you again. A few things that are a bit different under the new ‘normal’…👇 👇👇 • EVERYONE who enters Community House must CHECK IN at reception and use the hand sanitiser provided.
• Please do not arrive early for appointments as we can only seat two people in our waiting area while maintaining physical distancing. If there are too many people waiting, we may ask you to wait in another room or in your car.
• If you are coming for an appointment, please consider coming alone or only bringing those family members who are also attending the appointment (or those who are supporting you). This is to minimise the number of people coming in. We can still provide appointments via SKYPE, Zoom and phone if this works better (it’s also a good idea to bring your own drink bottle).
• If you are coming to Community House for information, to request an appointment, collect a pregnancy test, or general enquiries, we will need to collect your details in case they are required for contact tracing. (We will not record any more information than is necessary and this will only be kept for as long as is necessary. The information will only be shared with the appropriate authorities for the purposes of contact tracing.)
• If you have ANY symptoms of COVID-19, ANY cold or flu like symptoms, (or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive) please DO NOT come into Community House. Please phone and we can re-book your appointment or provide your appointment via SKYPE, Zoom, or phone.
• Extra cleaning and sanitising will take place in between clients and throughout the day. • Please bear with us as we adjust to working under the Level 2 guidelines. 😊
The Donny Van and Health Shuttle will be commencing services from Monday 18th May. They will be working within the guidelines of level 2. Morrinsville Community House are taking bookings now. Phone 889 5355. Due to the need to keep people physically distanced we will be limiting the numbers we can transport at any given time. Please bear with us as this may mean that things take a little bit longer. The vans will be regularly cleaned and sanitised and records will be kept of those who use the vehicles. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 please do not use the vans, phone your G.P. or Healthline 0800 358 5453 for advice. #takecare and #bekind
For crisis counselling please phone Lifeline on 0800 543 354 Remember if you're feeling stressed or anxious, call or text 1737. You’ll get to talk to (or text with) a trained counsellor. The service is available 24 hours and completely free.
HELPLINES: Healthline (COVID-19): 0800 358 5453 Healthline: 0800 611 116 1737 24hr free counselling: call or text 1737 Lifeline: 0800 543 354 or free text 4357 (HELP) Youthline: 0800 376 633 or free text 234 WINZ: 0800 779 997 Civil Defence Helpline: 0800 800 405 (for people struggling to get the necessities - especially those with disabilities, those who are at risk, or who don't have their own transport)
Morrinsville Community House provides a range of different services to meet the needs of the community. We work closely with other agencies to provide the highest quality services and to ensure effective co-ordination of those services within our community.
VISION STATEMENT To enhance, encourage and improve community well-being.
KŌRERO MATAKITE Kia whakarei, kia akiaki, kia whakakaha te mauri ora o te Hāpori.
Morrinsville Community House is an Incorporated Society (No. HN/598226) and is registered with the Charities Commission (No. CC34565).